Sunday, April 18, 2010

Tattoos are for people in jail right?

Seeing as how I live only and hour and a few minutes from the best city in the world the home of the Boston Red Sox Boston, Ma. And it was a day in which i had nothing to do my roommate and I took a ride in and stumbled upon a great exhibit at the ICA.

The work of Dr Lakra is something that I find very interesting and to my liking. Being involved in the Tattoo world i enjoyed seeing all of these works which show the progress of the art form from its early tribal days to the now well known jail house tattoo parlor. The images in which he decided to manipulate also bring their own feel and idea to the piece. If you have any time and find yourself on the waterfront in Boston you should check this work out.


No comments:

Post a Comment